We are very much looking forward to welcoming the children back next week.
Reception to Year 6 start on Monday 6th September and Nursery on Tuesday 7th September.
Please find below some key information for the return including some very important Covid guidance for parents.
Covid information for Parents
Following on from the school covid risk assessment we have produced a question and answer sheet for parents.
Please note that some of our control measures go above the national recommendations in regards to contact tracing and self-isolation arrangements. We believe these are necessary to help reduce the spread of COVID at Colebourne and to help keep our pupils, families and staff safe. These arrangements will be kept under review.
Answers to the following questions are included in the guidance:
- If my child has symptoms, can they come to school?
- If someone else in the household has symptoms can my child come to school?
- If someone in the household tests positive, can my child come to school?
- If my child is identified as a close contact from the community, can they come to school?
- If someone in the class has symptoms, what happens?
- If someone in the class tests positive, what happens?
- Does my child need to take regular lateral flow tests?
- What happens if lots of children at school test positive?
- What happens if the staff member tests positive?
- If my child is self-isolating, will they get work?
- Will children be in bubbles?
- Will school let us know if there is a positive case?
- If a parent has been a close contact and is not required to self isolate (double vaccinated) can they still bring children to school?
You can download the covid parent guidance here with all the answers: Covid Parent Guidance – September 2021
In addition to this:
• Masks will not be enforced at drop off or pick up (but please feel free to wear one if you would like to).
• Please continue to maintain social distance from other families who you don’t usually socialise with and staff as much as possible.
• Sanitisers will still be available for those wanting to use it on the way in, via the dispensers in school; the staff team will not be dispensing this at the gate.
• Parents should not come into the office area unless essential, and if they do, masks must be worn.
Pick up and drop off arrangements
Here is a summary of the pick up and drop of times and locations.
Please ensure you arrive in good time ready to receive your child as they come out.
PE kit days
Here are the days the children will need to come to school in their PE kits.
Key return to school information
Here is a video presentation containing all the key information for September on. If you have any questions – please get in touch. This is the same information that was published in July.
You can also download a PDF version of the presentation here:
Warmest best wishes