We have celebrated our 80th Anniversary during the school year 2016-2017. The children took part in a range of activities, particularly during our celebration week (15th-19th May 2017).
We also hosted a celebration event for those who are and have been associated with the school.
As we gather memories, photos and other documents we will populate the School Memories Page. Keep checking back.
History of Colebourne
It was in 1936 when the first group of children attended school on the site of which is now Colebourne Primary School.
The school has gone through a number of name changes and lots of building changes over the years.
During the academic year 2016-2017 we will be holding celebrations of our 80th year serving the children and families of Hodge Hill.
The main focus will be a week of activities for the children in the summer term 2017.
There will also be an opportunity for ex pupils and staff to attend a special evening reception to meet up with old friends and teachers and share those stories.
History of the school:
Stechford Road Council School, Hodge Hill opened in 1936 in temporary buildings with accommodation for just 96 juniors and infants. A permanent building was opened the following year with room for 288 children; the school was extended in 1943. Between 1952 and 1988 the school was called Hodge Hill Junior and Infants. Since 1988 the school has been known as Colebourne Primary School.
Headteachers: 1936 to present
Stechford Road School
6/1/36 – 24/7/52 – Miss S G Wright
Hodge Hill Junior and Infant
1/9/52 to 31/8/63 – Mr W F Barley
1/9/63 to 31/8/74 – Mr L R Tillson
1/9/74 to 31/8/82 – Mr E F Hutchings
1/9/82 to 31/8/88 – Mr Phillip F Edwards
At 1/9/88 Hodge Hill renamed
1/9/88 to 31/3/02 – Mr Phillip F Edwards
1/4/02 to 5/6/07 – Mrs Vicki Herrick
6/6/07 to current – Mr Stuart Guest
We are also beginning to scan some of our archived material – see below: