At Colebourne we have designed our curriculum and wider opportunities to ensure you get the most out of your time at primary school.
We will provide you and the other children with lots of exciting opportunities that will help you learn and grow; we want you to enjoy learning and for you to do well.
We will do our very best to help you and all the children at Colebourne to become successful learners and responsible citizens.
This Colebourne Pupil Guarantee is the minimum you can expect during your time at Colebourne.
We will also support your family and the community and they can see what we offer them by reading the school Vision Document.
You will get the chance to:
- Learn about a range of subjects and areas
- Learn an instrument with specialist music teachers
- Have additional instrument tuition to take your skills further
- Work with real authors or actors
- Take part in themed and ‘Wow’ days
- Learn how to keep yourself and others safe
- Learn basic life skills including: cooking, swimming, cycling and road safety
- Be able to access online learning opportunities
- Become a young first aider
- Watch a live theatre performance
- Go on at least three residential visits across KS1 and KS2
- Work with specialist teachers for areas such as dance and protective behaviours
- Go on a range of visits to different places
- Take part in lots of different afterschool clubs
- Perform in plays, assemblies and shows
- Take part in outdoor learning including mud kitchen, community garden and forest schools
- Represent the school in sport and other competitions
- Learn about people who are the same and different from you
- Celebrate key traditions and events that represent the makeup of our school community and the wider UK population e.g. Black History Month, Remembrance Sunday, religious festivals, bonfire night
- Use up to date technology
- To use a range of indoor and outdoor play equipment
- Learn how to have a healthy mind and body
- Learn how to become an economically active member of society e.g. computer coding, enterprise activities
- Learn how to be a socially responsible citizen
- Support the local and global community e.g. charity work
- Socialise and learn with children from other schools e.g. Beaufort School
- Get involved in school community events such as school fairs, carnival and pantomime shows.
- Take part in holiday clubs and activities
- Receive support to further your outside interests and talents
- Eat a healthy school lunch in our 5* rated kitchen
In addition to these, you will also be given the opportunity to complete all 50 activities in our ’50 Things’ list.