Our Nursery is for children who are already 3 and turn 4 during September – August in the year of admission. We are now full for the academic year 2021-2022. Please contact school if you would like to be added to the waiting list.
If your child was born between 1st September 2018 and 31st August 2019 you will be able to apply via the September 2022 application form.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN: NURSERY SEPTEMBER 2022 APPLICATION FORM
Colebourne Primary School Nursery operates as part of Colebourne Primary School. The Colebourne nursery had its first intake in September 2019 in its newly created nursery space situated next to the Reception classes. This forms a complete Colebourne Early Years block.
Within the block is:
- Large dedicated Nursery room
- Dedicated Nursery toilets
- Dedicated Nursery outside play area
- Well-being chill-out space – shared resource with Reception
- Literacy zone room – shared resource with Reception
- Additional room for breakout lessons, activities and nursery dining.
- Refurbished kitchen space for putting those biscuits and cakes in the oven!
We have a number of different options you can apply for:
- Morning sessions (am) – funded through the universal 15hr childcare offer
- Afternoon sessions – funded through the universal 15hr childcare offer
- 30hr provision – funded or charged (please note the 30 hrs provision is Monday to Thursday 8.40am-3.30pm and Friday 8.40am – 11.40am; additional hours, including Friday afternoon are available- charged apply).
You may be eligible for the 30 hr provision to be FUNDED. Please see: https://www.gov.uk/apply-30-hours-free-tax-free-childcare for details and to check eligibility. You may wish to do this before completing this form. If you are not eligible for FUNDED 30 hour provision you are able to pay a TOP UP for the additional hours needed .
For the Morning and Afternoon (30hrs) – FUNDED : Additional charges will apply for school meals, if required.
For the Morning and Afternoon (30hrs) – TOP UP: Additional charges will apply to cover the additional 15hours and school meal, if required.
You can still apply and will be considered for a place if we are not full after the first round of applications have been processed.
Please apply through the on-line application forms – see below. Offers of places are made in May.
Details of admissions criteria and charges can be found by clicking here.
Application and Admission Dates
Please complete the correct application for based on your child’s date of birth; completing the wrong application or putting the wrong date of birth may result in your application being missed or removed.
September 2022 Admission Year:
For children born between: 1st September 2018 and 31st August 2019 they will be eligible for admission for September 2022.
The online application form for for this will open by November 2021 and will appear here. It is NOT a first come first served; any applications received by the deadline for applications will be considered using the published admissions criteria.
TIMELINE AND WELCOME MEETINGS
FOR SEPTEMBER 2022 NURSERY ADMISSIONS
- November 2021 – Applications open
- Friday 29th April 2022 – First round Applications close (Any applications received after this will be considered if spaces remain)
- 2nd – 6th May 2022 – Offer letters / emails sent out
It is the responsibility of the applicant to update the school on any changes following the initial application. This is particularly important in relation to siblings, including if a sibling gets offered a place in Reception for the same admission year. If school is not contacted about the sibling status, then the sibling status will not be taken into account and will affect the priority position as per criteria.
Offers of Nursery places will be made no sooner than 1 week after the local authority has issued Reception places; this enables parents to contact the school and update the Nursery admissions details.
Visits to the school are encouraged so you can hear about our approach to early years and to the provision and care of the children overall.
We have the following meetings scheduled:
- Friday 21st January 2022, 9.15am
- Friday 1st April 2022, 9.15am
Please phone the main school office to book onto one of these meeting: 0121 675 8500 option 1
A 2022 admissions presentation will appear on this website following the first Nursery 2022 meeting.
Below you can see the 2021 admissions presentation – but please note information may change for 2022 admissions: Nursery September 2021 Presentation
updated October 2022